Wednesday, March 02, 2005

And the leaves started it all.................


maple
Originally uploaded by bilbobaggins.
I picked up my first fall leaf today. It brought back memories of my first fall in New York City.
One fine day, while coming back from a shopping trip, with a friend, I'd picked up a few fall leaves. Call it a weird sense of decor, but those leaves went on my wall. That's when I started the transformation. Changing my room from a bare walls bare floor place to something I could call home. Someplace my friends could come and feel comfortable. Gradually, I bought some furniture and a rug. Off course the Place of pride was always natures. Some berries and stalks I got from my first trekking trip joined the leaves. Later around Christmas a few buds were added to this collection. Flowers from a date were dried and these were added. Gradually the room got there. It was not home yet, but was comfortable to come back to. And the leaves started it all...............

3 comments:

Reshmi said...

someone for me own town!! had to comment. looking fwd to more interesting reads from u :-)

bilbo said...

hey Reshmi,
Thanks for the encouraging comment.
take care

Shankar said...

I pick leaves too - leaves of autumn, mostly. I used to do so in London, and seldom those that I pick, get lost elsewhere. They all remain in my room - from dried roses, to stalks, to mere petals.

Perhaps I share the same sense of odd decor as you :)